today we had our last real session and talked a lot about technical stuff. For most of us it was interesting to know more about how to use laptop and beamer for presentations because we all know the difficulties. Sometimes it does work and sometimes you have a lot of trouble with it. I want to give a short sum up of what I learned about using beamer and laptop.
1. Turn on beamer first -not always necessary but the safest way, don’t be impatient, beamer need time to turn on and off because of the light-
3. Start PC
4. Beamer starts searching -modern PCs and Mac will find it with the DVI port, ordinary PCs: Analog RGB
5. Change Screen Settings –you usually have three options, choose one of the following:
Press this combination once: display on beamer
Press it twice: display on beamer and PC
Press it three times: back to PC only
5.2 Desktop + right mouseclick -click on properties (Eigenschaften) and try to get to display options
5.3 Start + Control Panel (Systemsteuerung) + Design and then try to get to display options
6. Change Beamer Settings
Use beamer remote controll to open menue and change settings if it doesn’t appear the way you want it.
Tip: Keystone: redeems trapeze views which happen to appear if beamer is fixed up higher or lower than projection.
7. Open Power Point Presentation and Start Presenting
Extra tips for using Power Point:
– Save a version of your presentation on a USB stick
– You might want to use slideshare to have your presentation online: www.slideshare.net
– Press „b“ for black to turn screen black during presentation if you want your listeners pay attention to sth different
– use the presentation view (Referentenansicht) with the extended desktop
– more tips on how to present check out: http://www.hrteam.de/daten/download/Praesentation-VuH-hrTEAM.pdf
Alright, that’s it for now. I want to apologize for any language mistakes in this post. It is not easy to translate these technical things and to write a short instruction.
Talk to you later…